[video description: Leo at 23 months, seen from overhead,
happily running across a field to hug my legs and look up at me.]
So, this cute little dude is seventeen years old today. I blame the space-time continuum.
Below his playlist of current favorite tunes so you can celebrate being Leo virtually, as most of you won't happen to be at his jump-fest of a birthday party today eating angel food cupcakes along with the rest of us (Leo wanted vanilla cupcakes, so vanilla cupcakes he gets).
Note that many of these songs are definitely for seventeen-year-olds, and not younger individuals. And that many of them have misogynistic and ableist language, because popular music. Sigh.
- Salt-N-Pepa • Shoop
- Eminem • Without Me
- BROCKHAMPTON • GOLD
- Glee Cast • Gold Digger [Glee Cast Version]
- Estelle • American Boy (feat. Kanye West)
- MAC MILLER • Dang! (feat. Anderson .Paak) [Radio Edit]
- Chupacabras • Mueve el Esqueleto
- Tito Puente • Ran Kan Kan
- Machito and His Afro-Cubans • Bim Bam Bum
- Lord Kitchener • Jamaica Woman
- Harry Belafonte • Monkey
- Harry Belafonte • Zombie Jamboree
- Cab Calloway and His Orchestra • Some Of These Days
- Pokey LaFarge • Wanna Be Your Man
- Harry Connick, Jr. • Frosty the Snow Man
- Violent Femmes • Blister In the Sun
- Ella Mae Morse • Cow-Cow Boogie
- Cab Calloway • Blues In the Night
- Serge Gainsbourg • Pauvre Lola
- Danyel Gérard • Youpi ya tamouré
- Pernell Roberts • Early One Morning
- Benny Carter • Some of These Days
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DUDE.