From the KQED: Forum website
Fri, Mar 12, 2010 -- 10:00 AM
My Baby Rides the Short Bus
Some parents of kids with disabilities say they don't want to be put on a pedestal for taking care of their children. We talk with contributors to an irreverent and honest anthology, "My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising Kids with Disabilities."
Host: Dave IversonGuests:
And tomorrow night, we'll be reading at Modern Times bookstore in San Francisco, which is only one of this weekend's three Bay Area MBRTSB events:
- Jennifer Byde Myers, contributor to "My Baby Rides the Short Bus"
- Sarah Talbot, co-editor of "My Baby Rides the Short Bus" and assistant principal at a high school near Seattle
- Shannon Rosa, contributor to "My Baby Rides the Short Bus" and BlogHer contributing editor, parenting children with special needs
(Information below swiped outright from Jennifer)
My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising Kids with Disabilities
- Friday, March 12th, 6:30 p.m. at Modern Times, 888 Valencia St., San Francisco
Featuring local writers Kathy Briccetti, Thida Cornes, Kim Mahler, Jennifer Byde Myers, and Shannon Des Roches Rosa followed by a Q&A session with the authors and co-editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot.
- Saturday, March 13th, 7:30 p.m. at Pegasus Books Downtown, 2349 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley
Readings from contributors Marcy Sheiner and Andrea Winninghoff and editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot.
- Sunday, March 14th, 5 p.m. at Green Arcade, 1680 Market Street, San Francisco
Book release event with editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot along with Tomas Moniz (Rad Dad) and Jeremy Adam Smith (The Daddy Shift).
What an amazing weekend. Have a great time.ReplyDelete
Would have loved to catch the Pegasus reading but we'll be in Sunnyvale. Hope to hear you on Forum!ReplyDelete
I just heard you! You were fantastic!ReplyDelete
Yes, you were all awesome! On Forum! Wow! Congratulations. I've added the book to my Amazon list.ReplyDelete
So great to put a voice with your face and blog. I enjoyed the podcast immensely. Thanks to all three of you for doing it. I'm adding the book to my Amazon list too!ReplyDelete
Thanks, all, Forum was a quaking-in-my-boots honor. And didn't Jen & Sarah kick ass?ReplyDelete
You are a star and a hero to many of us. xox jReplyDelete
I'm still not speaking to myself for getting too sick to be there. Can wait to hear all about it!ReplyDelete
wish i could have been there!ReplyDelete
The reading at Modern Times was wonderful; the readers and audience challenged each other well, I think. But how lovely if y'all could have been there. Maybe we should rally for a BlogHer-time reading in NYC. Heh.ReplyDelete