Jennifer Byde Myers, Sarah Talbot, and I will be on KQED's Forum with Dave Iverson tomorrow morning at 10 AM PST, talking about our stories in My Baby Rides the Short Bus!
From the KQED: Forum website
Fri, Mar 12, 2010 -- 10:00 AM
My Baby Rides the Short Bus
Some parents of kids with disabilities say they don't want to be put on a pedestal for taking care of their children. We talk with contributors to an irreverent and honest anthology, "My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising Kids with Disabilities."
Host: Dave IversonGuests:
And tomorrow night, we'll be reading at Modern Times bookstore in San Francisco, which is only one of this weekend's three Bay Area MBRTSB events:
- Jennifer Byde Myers, contributor to "My Baby Rides the Short Bus"
- Sarah Talbot, co-editor of "My Baby Rides the Short Bus" and assistant principal at a high school near Seattle
- Shannon Rosa, contributor to "My Baby Rides the Short Bus" and BlogHer contributing editor, parenting children with special needs
(Information below swiped outright from Jennifer)
- Friday, March 12th, 6:30 p.m. at Modern Times, 888 Valencia St., San Francisco
Featuring local writers Kathy Briccetti, Thida Cornes, Kim Mahler, Jennifer Byde Myers, and Shannon Des Roches Rosa followed by a Q&A session with the authors and co-editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot.
- Saturday, March 13th, 7:30 p.m. at Pegasus Books Downtown, 2349 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley
Readings from contributors Marcy Sheiner and Andrea Winninghoff and editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot.
- Sunday, March 14th, 5 p.m. at Green Arcade, 1680 Market Street, San Francisco
Book release event with editors Yantra Bertelli, Jennifer Silverman and Sarah Talbot along with Tomas Moniz (Rad Dad) and Jeremy Adam Smith (The Daddy Shift).