Gwendomama is one of my favorite people and bloggers. She is a loud-mouthed, small-business-owning, straight-shooting, food-loving, empathetic woman and dedicated mom. She is a wonderful friend to folks both inside and outside of the computer, to parents who advocate for special needs kids, and especially to parents who -- like her -- have faced the unimaginable in losing a child.
The unimaginable happened to her again. Last month, she became a victim, and to literally add insult to injury, she has found herself in a financial hole. Please, please help us help our hardworking friend gather funds for her and her children's immediate needs: food, rent, utility bills.
We are bloggers. Our superpower is connectivity, and when we use that power for good, we can save and change the world. Please forward, blog, connect, and -- especially -- donate. The campaign will end next Friday, 5/22. No amount is too small, and the sky's the limit. Thank you.
updates (because the widget doesn't update consistently):
- 5/15 | 12:15 PM We have raised over $1000 so far, from 40 generous people, many of whom are scraping by, themselves. Blogosphere superheroes, I heart you!
- 5/15 | 6:00 PM: $1,765 from 59 contributors!
- 5/16 | 1:00 PM $2,240 from 70 contributors. Zowie!
- 5/18 | 7:30 AM $2,545 from 85 contributors. Four more days, thank you and keep it coming!
- 5/19 | 9:00 AM $2,940 from 96 contributors. Surely we can push it over $3K today?
- 5/20 | 5:30 PM $3,310 from 103 of the awesomest people ever linked by the Blogosphere. Two days left!
- 5/22 | 8 AM $3,450 from 107 scions of amazingness. Fundraising ends in 13 hours, so please give now if you can.
- 5/22 | campaign over: Volcanic thanks to the 108 of you who contributed to the Gwendomama fund; you gave us $3,475 reasons to believe in the Blogosphere!