The school to which I'd already resigned myself to her not going, because I didn't realize alumni still had to take the mandatory school tour, plus the administrative staff completely turned over since Iz arrived and no one remembered us, and the principal said (even after we took a tour) that admission would likely not happen.
I was content with the local kinder but am now conflicted. Seymour's not, he wants her in Spanish immersion and thinks that a kid who is already excelling at dramatic readings will be bored in a regular kinder; I suspect it would be nice for her to mess around and do crafts and non-reading kinder learning for a year. But it is hard to turn away from free language immersion *combined* with regular kinder learning and crafts.
Have to make a decision by tomorrow. What would you do?
- Spanish Immersion for Free, Free, FREE!
- Full-day kindergarten
- Three kids in three different schools no matter what
- Fifteen minutes across town
- Three different school year schedules (local kinder & Iz's school are on same calendar)
- Strict dress code (but I have hand-me-downs from Iz)
- At the bottom of the hill where I pass it 6x each day
- Neighborhood kids, neighborhood friends?
- Ep and other friends have kids there