|Lunchmates at IMFAR 2011. Can you identify any?|
Details from the ASF website below; the deadline is this Tuesday, February 29th.
We are now accepting applications for travel grants to send a limited number of parents of children with autism, individuals with autism, special education teachers, and other stakeholders to attend the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). This year the conference will be held in Toronto, Canada from May 17-19.
The awards cover up to $1,000 of expenses to be used for registration, travel, accommodations, meals and other directly related expenses, including childcare or special accommodations to enable individuals with autism to participate. Grantees are responsible for obtaining international travel documents.
Applications must be received by February 29, 2012.
- Grantees must submit the original receipts for reimbursement and are expected to submit completed travel expense forms within 15 days of return from IMFAR.
- Grantees are asked to participate in ASF related activities at IMFAR including a group photo and social media promotion. Full details will be shared closer to the event.
- After attending the conference, grantees are asked to share what they learned in their own communities to further spread the knowledge gained within 6 months of attending IMFAR. Grantees are asked to send a short write-up plus photos or a video of their activity for use by ASF.
Recipients will be announced in late March.
- Open to autism stakeholders: individuals with autism, parents of children with autism, special education teachers, graduate and undergraduate students, journalists, and others.
- Grants are awarded to US residents only, over 18 years of age.
- Applicants should send a letter to email@example.com describing why they want to attend IMFAR and explaining how they would share what they learned with the broader autism community.
- Letters should be sent as Microsoft Word attachments of no more than 2 pages, 12-point type, "Arial" font, with standard margins.
- In the email subject line please write: IMFAR Grant.
- Letters must be received by February 29, 2012.
- 2011 IMFAR Travel Grant recipients:
- Geraldine Bliss, Parent
- Matthew Carey, Parent/Blogger
- Shannon Des Roches Rosa, Parent/Blogger
- Mark Fornefeld, Self Identified Individual with Autism
- Abby Hare, Graduate Student
- Erin Lopes, Parent
- Molly McGrath, Self Identified Individual with Autism/MIT Media Lab
- Brianna Miller, Special Ed Teacher, Newark Public Schools
- Sharman Ober-Reynolds, Parent/Senior Research Coordinator, SARRC
- Megan O’Boyle, Parent
- Max Rolison, Undergraduate Student