Today we got a call from the Neurology folks at Stanffford. They want us to come in and discuss Leelo's test results (MRI, EEG, blood, urine, etc.).
I was under the impression that we most likely wouldn't need to come in. Unless something was funky. Now we'll need to wait two or three weeks to find out what that something is.
One of the great things about autism is its (currently) inexplicable nature. Something's wrong with your kid, but you don't know what it is--so you can work on the symptoms, on making things better. In Leelo's case, at least, there has been no "your child has this condition, which is irreversible."
I am probably being paranoid, but I'd rather operate in the dark.
Update: The appointment is Monday, October 25.
Post a Comment
Respectful disagreement encouraged.