- Read up on vaccine information:
- Vaccines and Your Child, by Dr. Paul Offit and Charlotte Moser
- The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear, by Seth Mnookin
- Shot of Prevention
- Parents of Kids With Infections Diseases
- Practice positive vaccination role modeling.
- Be visible not judgmental.
- Talk about your own vaccination decisions.
- Encourage parents of children with autism to compare their kids’ home videos*, pictures, and medical records to their immunization records. The autism symptoms may have been there all along.
|Some of my Ghanaian best friends: Mrs. T., Sylvia T., and Joyce T., who was my University of Ghana roommate and who spoke at my and Seymour's wedding.|
*The link is my TPGA report from the IMFAR (International Meeting for Autism Research) session Onset Patterns in Autism: Correspondence Between Home Video and Parent Report. Visit the Thinking Person's Guide to Autism for past and upcoming write ups of the IMFAR sessions I attended.